The Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts has made $5 student tickets available for several performances through their Curriculum Connections program.
First-Year Seminars can be a powerful opportunity for students to have a new encounter with the performing arts. There are all kinds of ways seminars can connect with Mondavi performances and speakers, from engineering to creativity to music to pop culture. Attendance at performances counts toward classroom hours, so attendance at 2 performances would cover 3-4 hours of class time. Tours of the Mondavi Center, and classroom visits from Mondavi staff may also be arranged.
Spring 2018 Performances
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Limited Availability
- Terence Blanchard featuring the E-Collective Limited Availability
- Young Artist Competition
- Vladimir Feltsman
- Arturo O’Farrill and the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra
- New Century Chamber Orchestra
- San Francisco Symphony
Fall 2018 Performances
- Preet Bharara
- Julie Fowlis
- Sir James Galway, flute Limited availability
- SFJAZZ Collective
- Company Wang Ramirez
- Ballet Folklórico de Mexico de Amalia Hernandez
- Cirque Mechanics
- Pinchas Zukerman, violin
- Camille A. Brown & Dancers
Winter 2019 Performances
- Douglas Abrams, Campus Community Book Project
- 7 Fingers Cirque
- We Shall Overcome featuring Damien Sneed
- Jodi Kantor
Spring 2019 Performances
Additional shows in the Vanderhoef Studio Theatre may be available. All performances are offered pending availability, requests will be filled in order received.
If interested in including a performance in your First Year Seminar, start by contacting Ruth Rosenberg, Mondavi Center Director Arts Education and Artist Engagement Coordinator, email@example.com. She will let you know if the performance(s) you are interested in is still available. Next, contact Janet Chambers firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.