First-Year Seminars go to the Mondavi Center
Build Mondavi Center Performances Into Your Curriculum!
The Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts has made $5 student tickets available for several performances through their Curriculum Connections program. First-Year Seminars can be a powerful opportunity for students to have a new encounter with the performing arts. There are all kinds of ways seminars can connect with Mondavi performances and speakers, from engineering to creativity to music to pop culture.
View the 2016-17 brochure.
Performances Available for 2016-17 FYS-Curriculum Connections
- Jazz at Lincoln Center with Wynton Marsalis
- Bickram Ghosh’s Drums of India
- SFJAZZ Collective
- Maceo Parker with the Jones Family Singers
- Diego El Cigala
- Ronald K. Brown/EVIDENCE, A Dance Company
- Havana Cuba All-Stars
- China Philharmonic Orchestra
- Curtis On Tour-Curtis Chamber Orchestra
- Les Ballet Trockadero de Monte Carlo
- Bassem Youssef
- Black Arm Band
- Bruckner Orchester Linz, 2/10 only
- Venice Baroque Orchestra
- Dance Theatre of Harlem
- Sikki Gurucharan and Shujast Khan
- Jelly and George featuring Aaron Diehl and Cecile McLorin Salvant
- Mucca Pazza
- Aziza: Dave Holland, Chris Pitter, Lionel Loueke and Eric Harland
- Michael Fabiano, tenor
- Sound Maze by Paul Dresher
- L.A. Theatre Works
- Jodie Cobb
Additional shows in the Vanderhoef Studio Theatre may be available - inquire with Ruth Rosenberg, Mondavi Center Artist Engagement Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
All performances are offered pending availability, requests will be filed in order received.
Attendance at performances counts toward classroom hours, so attendance at 2 performances would cover 3-4 hours of class time. Tours of the Mondavi Center, and classroom visits from Mondavi staff may be arranged.
Please contact Janet Chambers email@example.com for more information.